For ten years Channing specialised in ‘Living Paintings’ as performance art and theatre.
He is the only performance-artist in Europe specialised in “Quadri Vivi” or ‘Living Paintings’. Reproducing and bringing to life in the space of a guilt frame portraits by artists such as da Vinci, van Gogh, Matisse, Toulouse-Lautrec, Picasso and Braque. They are seen at festivals, in galleries and museums, at private events and have been central to over a hundred guest appearances on Italian television; seen in an entire series of: Scometiamo Che, Tutti gli Zeri del Mondo, Quelli che il Calcio and various specials. Performances as a Living Painting for corporate clients include a European Union conference on climate change, Rolex Sardinia regatta week, BMW car launch, private parties for Selfridge’s and Samsonite and also include appearances as the Mona Lisa inside the Louvre in Paris and the Leonardo da Vinci Science Museum in Milan.
- Leonardo da Vinci. Mona Lisa
- Vincent van Gogh. Self-Portrait.
- Vincent van Gogh. Portrait of the postman of Arles, Monsieur Roulin.
- Pablo Picasso. Harlequin au Bar Lapin Agile.
- Leonardo da Vinci. The Girl with the Ermine.
- René Magritte. Son of Man
- Georges Braque. ‘Portrait of a man”
in the cubist style explored and developed by Braque and Picasso during the 1910s.
Performances created as commissions for RAI television.
- Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. .’Portrait of an English gentleman at the Moulin Rouge, ‘Portrait of
- William Warrener, the English painter.
- Henri Matisse. Portrait of Madame Matisse.
- Caravaggio (Michelangelo Merisi). Bacchus Unwell.